- 300g tinned salmon, drained
- 200g (half can) of white butter beans, mashed well with a fork
- 1/3 cup vegetables, such as onion, zucchini, mushroom, grated carrot etc.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ fresh chilli, finely diced
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Buckwheat flour
- 1-2 egg yolk lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp milk / soy milk
- Sesame seeds
- Olive oil
- Combine white beans, salmon, vegetables, garlic, chilli and parsley in a large bowl and mix well.
- Place some flour in one shallow bowl, then combine egg and milk in a second bowl and sesame seeds in a third bowl.
- Dampen your hands with water and form the salmon mixture into patties.
- Dip each one into a thin layer of flour, then dip in the egg wash and then the sesame seeds.
- Place on a plate and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes to firm.
- Heat some oil and cook the patties for a few minutes on each side so that they are nicely browned.
- Serve with salad dressed with flaxseed oil.
These keep really well in the fridge or freezer for reheating.