This section contains loads of nutritious and delicious recipes to try at home. Click on the recipes listed in the left hand menu, or use the links below.
Below are some ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, as well as links to recipes that are good for people who have difficulty with swallowing.
- Lemon juice: start your day with two teaspoons of fresh lemon or grapefruit juice in warm water.
- Rise and shine juice
- Loaded yoghurt
- Eggs: poached, scrambled or boiled with tasty sides such as spinach, onions, asparagus, mushrooms, tomatoes and avocado.
- Fresh seasonal fruit: on its own or with nuts, seeds, natural yoghurt and flaxseed oil. Stew fruits such as apples and pears with cinnamon.
- Muesli with rice, almond or soy milk.
- Porridge: to keep things interesting, add some dried fruit eg. prunes, sultanas, dates, and add ½ fresh banana at the end. Try spices such as nutmeg, cinnamon and cardamom, which add a deliciously warming flavour. Top with flaxseed oil, fresh, stewed or poached fruit, grated apple, or natural yoghurt.
- Toast: use a great bread like wholewheat, wholegrain, sourdough, essene bread (sprouted bread), pumpernickle, rye, spelt, kamut or oat. Top it with nut butter, avocado with lemon juice and cracked pepper flaxseed oil, tahini, baked beans, sardines, hummus, grilled, sliced fresh tomatoes with black pepper, sliced banana sprinkled with cinnamon, sautéed mushrooms or eggs.
- Beans on wholemeal / wholegrain toast.
- Avocado on wholemeal / wholegrain toast.
- Jacket potato and tuna.
- Hummus and toast or veggie sticks.
- Sardines on toast.
- A soft boiled free range egg on its own or on top of great grainy bread.
- Veggie Soup.
- Sushi rolls.
- Corn on the cob.
- Kale Smoothie.
- Chickpea snack.
- Dinner left overs.
- Fruit = your fast food; grab some red grapes, crunch on an apple, enjoy a banana, mandarin or pear and scoff as many berries as you can! Eat with a handful of nuts or some natural yoghurt to help stabilise blood sugar levels.
- Trail mix of nuts and seeds (not too much dried fruit as this is very high in sugar).
- Veggie sticks and hummus or beetroot dip or tahini.
- Lightly toasted nut balls.
- Linseed and date balls.
- Bliss balls.
- Loaded yoghurt.
- Wholegrain crackers with hummus, beetroot dip, dhal, nut butter, spinach, tuna, salmon, sliced tomato or avocado.
- Healthy Muffins: Pear-Fection muffins, Organic spelt fruit muffins, Moist bran muffins, Summer berry muffins.
Easy to swallow recipes