- 3 cups water
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp vegetable salt
- ¼ cup quinoa - rinsed
- 2 stalks of celery finely chopped
- 1 small potato, diced
- ¼ cup cauliflower florets, chopped
- ¼ cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 3tbsp green-peas
- 1 whole ripe tomato
- ½ cup of legumes - (canned beans/chickpeas/lentils- rinsed and pre cooked)
- Heat a large pot over a low heat; add oil, onion and garlic, gently sauté until soft.
- Add the celery and tomato for a couple of minutes.
- Add the water and vegetable stock, bring to the boil.
- Add the quinoa, potatoes and zucchini, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, broccoli and legumes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the peas, simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and fresh herbs.
NOTE: This recipe can be made in a large quantity and frozen in individual serves.