Specialised support from a health professional, wherever you are.
We're offering a new way of delivering services to people living with multiple sclerosis.
Our MS Advisor service is a multidisciplinary service designed to provide you with a free, specialised consultation led by one of our experienced health professionals.
Our team of MS Advisors are here to provide expert advice and guidance around multiple sclerosis and related health matters. We can also assist you to find out more about services and supports available in your local area.
The MS Advisor service is free of charge and available in more accessible ways, including via Skype/Facetime or telephone.
MS nurse advisor
Our MS Nurse Advisors are available for one-on-one telephone and skype consultations, for discussion and advice around all multiple sclerosis related health matters. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Diagnosis and immunotherapy treatment options
- Symptom management including bowel and bladder issues, sexual dysfunction, pain and relapse
- Information about other lifestyle choices which may influence the management of your multiple sclerosis.
MS social work advisor
Our MS Social Work Advisor is available to provide you with guidance and support during challenging times in your life. Contact our MS Social Work Advisor for a confidential discussion around issues exacerbated by your condition including (but not limited to):
- Your mental health and wellbeing
- Family/carer support
- Navigating local supports and services
MS continence nurse advisor
Our MS Continence Nurse Advisor is available to provide you with practical advice and strategies to promote healthy bowel and bladder practices, continence management and personal support. Discussion around topics including (but not limited to):
- Healthy bowel/bladder diet
- MS Impact on bladder and bowel function
- Pelvic floor muscles
- Toilet habits
- Other services/resources appropriate
- Possible investigations/interventions required and how to access them
MS Advisor can be accessed through MS Connect™, or by calling 1800 042 138 (Freecall).
MS Connect continues to be your gateway to living well, and the central contact point for information and advice.