MS Social Support Day Program
Our Social Support Day Program provides supported social groups for people with progressive neurological conditions. The groups are fun, creative and social, encouraging you to remain active and connected to your community.
Activities are different from group to group, as you get to have a say in what interests you.
Each group is designed to meet your goals whatever they are, and also your physical, social, cultural, emotional and recreational needs.
Activities are designed to help:
- access your local community → such as outings to art galleries, movies, bowling or cafes
- maintain or develop new skills → in things like art, mosaics, jewellery making, cardmaking
- try new activities like iPad workshops
- build on current abilities and strengths → including quizzes and games
- learn from guest speakers→ with a wide range of knowledge such as bonsai workshops, scooter demonstrations, nutrition
- give carers a break
We have many groups across metropolitan Melbourne and Victoria located at:
All venues are accessible facilities with adequate parking and roomfor taxi drop-offs, ramp access and disabled toilet facilities if required. Some venues are closeto train stations.
Our programs are facilitated by qualified support staff, with most of the groups also employing an Art Facilitator. Volunteers are available in many of the groups to assist in the activities of the programs. Please speak with the SSDP Coordinator regarding your particular support needs.
Eligibility & cost
Our Social Support Day Program accommodates people from a variety of government and non-government programs, including the Department of Health, the Department of Human Services and the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
Each program has its own set of guidelines relating to eligibility and attendance costs. To discuss your situation, please contact us (see contact details below) and we'll provide you with an information sheet.
OurSocial Support Day Programprogram is heavily subsidised by our funding and fundraising program.
To find out more about our Social Support Day Program, our venues and your eligibility, please contact:
- SSDP Coordinator – Eastern and Southern Region 039845 2759
- SSDP Coordinator – Western, Northern and Barwon Region 038399 9621
The MS Social Support Day Program is jointly funded by the Victorian & Commonwealth Government through the HACC Program.